Welcome to AdLibbing, the Ad Council’s official blog on all things social marketing. Whether you’re a nonprofit, ad agency, digital guru, government organization or just an individual with an interest in public service, here you will find communications tips and tools that can inspire change and improve lives.
On AdLibbing, our dedicated staff and expert guest bloggers offer their expertise in media, research and evaluation, fundraising and cause marketing–we cover it all!
AdLibbing typically features three to four blog posts weekly and averages approximately 5,000 visitors per month. The majority of our readership consists of professionals working in nonprofit industries, government or advertising and communications.
We accept guest blogger submissions from writers with an expertise in marketing, advertising, technology, philanthropy or social good.
While we welcome guest bloggers who represent a cause or organization, please note that AdLibbing posts should appeal to a general readership. Posts should not be overly self-promotional and should instead focus on tips for readers and broader observations about campaigns or industry trends.
- Posts should range from 300 — 800 words. Ideal length is around 500 words.
- Posts should contain a minimum of one photo or embedded video, which will appear at the top of the post. Additional media can appear throughout the post as desired.
- Posts should follow AP style and may be modified by Ad Council staff to ensure adherence to our style guide.
- Posts must be accompanied by a short bio (50 — 250 words) and author photo (at least 100px X 100px).
- All author bios should include your professional networking handles (like Twitter, or LinkedIn).
- Longer posts should make use of subheadings.
Use the contact form above to drop us a line!