Internship season is upon us once again; when college students around the country trade their sweatshirts for button downs and classrooms for cubicles. The Ad Council recently welcomed nine summer interns into the various departments of the company. To shed some light on what it is like to intern for the Ad Council, we will be featuring one intern each week on Adlibbing.
1. Where do you go to school and what are you studying?
I go to Manhattan College and I am majoring in Accounting.
2. Why did you decide to intern with the Ad Council?
I decided to intern at the Ad Council because it is not just about the numbers and the revenue, it is about making a difference in someone’s life.
3. What do you like most about interning at the Ad Council?
Everything! The people are so welcoming and friendly. I am learning so much. I can definitely use every bit of information I have learned throughout my career.
4. What is the social issue you are the most passionate about?
I am most passionate about the drunk driving issue. There have been multiple outbreaks from my home town where people lost their lives due to this.
5. What is one of your lesser-known talents?
I am great at doing other people’s hair and nails- but I can’t do my own!