With the NTEN’s annual Nonprofit Technology Conference(NTC) in San Francisco fast approaching, by now conference attendees probably know that all of the sessions at the conference are neatly organized into several categories, this year there are seven of them: Communications, Fundraising, IT Staff, Program, Leadership, Connect and Product Spotlight. Working for non-profit organizations the attendees’ roles and responsibilities usually span at least 3 if not all of the categories. So where does one start putting together their personal agenda for the NTC?
My approach for building my own agenda is very simple and by no means is a shortcut – I just go down the list, clicking into each category and reading the blurb about each session that catches my eyes before I decide to add it to my agenda. I include more than one session for each timeslot, in case 10 minutes into a session I decide that this is something I’m familiar with and my time would be better spent attending another session. Below is my session wish list:
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM on Monday, April 2
– Google for Nonprofits Training
7:00 PM – 10:00 PM on Monday, April 2
10:30 AM – 12:00 PM on Tuesday, April 3
– Windows Azure – Unlimited Possibilities…For Nonprofits Too!
– Beyond the Like: Social Media Birds of a Feather
– Is It Time to Redesign Your Website? How to Tell and How to Fix It
12:00 PM – 1:30 PM on Tuesday, April 3
– Lunch featuring Discussion Tables
1:30 PM – 3:00 PM on Tuesday, April 3
– More Than Apps: Affordable Program Delivery Through Mobile Phones
– Using Agile Software Development Methodologies to Manage your Organization
– Social Network Fundraising: Facts, Myths, and Strategies that Work
7:00 PM – 8:00 PM on Tuesday, April 3
– NTC Ignite
8:30 AM – 10:00 AM on Wednesday, April 4
– Plenary: Dan Roam, author of Blah, Blah, Blah: What To Do When Words Don’t Work
10:30 AM – 12:00 PM on Wednesday, April 4
– Cloud Lab, Building & Using the Amazon EC2 and Rackspace Clouds
– Sight, Sound, and Motion: Video Storytelling and Using Video for Advanced Messaging
8:30 AM – 10:00 AM on Thursday, April 5
– Plenary: Innovation and Nonprofits
10:30 AM – 12:00 PM on Thursday, April 5
– 2012 eNonprofit Benchmarks: Am I Normal?
1:30 PM – 3:00 PM on Thursday, April 5
– Easy Reading on the Go: How to Optimize Emails for Mobile Phones
3:30 PM – 5:00 PM on Thursday, April 5
– The Story of Stuff: How an Environmental Campaigner Became a New Media Mogul – and So Can You
On my personal agenda: a brunch on Market Street, a bike ride into Sausalito via Golden Gate bridge, a ferry ride back to the City and a lunch at Fisherman’s Wharf. San Francisco, here I come!