The how-to app Snapguide has been making a big splash lately with over two million users and growing at a rate of between 12 and 15 percent per month.
For those unfamiliar, Snapguide is a free how-to app that allows users to create and discover step-by-step guides for everything from baking to edible dirt making. Because of the simple-to-use platform, making a guide is easy — all you need is the app and a smartphone or tablet that runs iOS.
Snapguide isn’t a place where many brands or organizations have a stake yet, but it’s a great way for brands to pass on their expertise on a chosen subject or to explain how their product works. As part of the launch of our new campaign with Goodwill Industries International, Inc., we recently created a guide for Goodwill Industries International “How to Donate Stuff and Create Jobs.”
Because Snapguide is a fairly new platform, I thought I’d share some tips from my own experience:
- Choose a catchy title that describes your guide. All guides begin with “How to” and are limited to 50 characters.
- Make sure your brand is reflected in your username. Don’t try to hide the fact that you are the one putting it out there — be proud!
- Snapguide is a social network. Look around and engage with other guides.
- Promote your guide by embedding it onto your website or blog.
- Make sure it’s useful! Each step should be clear-cut and easy to follow. Don’t dilute with unrelated messages.
- Be succinct with your words. Each step is limited to 200 characters.
- Make a mistake? Don’t fret — you can edit your Snapguide at any time after publishing
- You can make or fulfill requests for specific Snapguides if you’re looking for ideas.